Electric Cooperatives Federal Credit Union is committed to serving the financial needs of our members. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is a priority for our credit union. We will continue to protect your privacy.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
• Information about your transactions with others or us: and
• Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following third parties.
• Financial Service Providers, such as insurance companies, mortgage service companies and securities broker-dealers.
• Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement printers, plastic card processors, and retailers.
Disclosures of Information to Parties That Provide Services to Us
In order for us to conduct the business, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements so that we may provide member's competitive products and services. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, and follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our member's privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell information we provide to other third parties.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What You As a Member Can Do to Help
Electric Cooperatives Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines.
• Protect you account numbers, plastic card numbers, PIN (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
• Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of your credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
• Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us - we are here to serve you.